2019 Makita GA4542C
Call for Price
4‑1/2" SJS™II High‑Power Angle Grinder
The Makita 4-1/2" SJS™II High Power Angle Grinder (GA4542C) combines power, convenience, comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting industrial performance. It is ideal for cutting, grinding ferrous metal, paint and rust removal, shipyard maintenance, metal polishing, general steel grinding, auto repair work, cutting brick and masonry, restoration work, and more.
The GA4542C is equipped with SJS™II, a mechanical gear drive system to help prevent motor and gear damage by dampening the force on the gear when the wheel is forced to stop. SJS™II is also features a leaf spring and cam gear drive mechanism that is engineered to reduce vibration for increased operator comfort during extended use.
The 12 AMP motor delivers 2,800-11,000 RPM for versatility and maximum productivity. Labyrinth construction protects the motor with a complex set of channels, prohibiting dust and contamination from entering the motor. Additional protection features include a zig-zag epoxy applied to both sides of the armature coil, and a powder-coating to the field. This forms a barrier under rotation and is engineered to protect from dust and debris penetration for longer tool life.
- Wheel Diameter: 4-1/2 in.
- AMPS: 12
- No Load Speed (variable speed): 2,800 - 11,000 RPM
- Spindle Thread: 5/8 in. - 11 UNC
- Lock-On Switch: Yes
- Lock-Off Switch: No
- Switch Type: Body grip/slide
- Overall Length: 11-7/8 in.
- Net Weight: 5.4 lb.
- Variable speed control dial: Yes
- Power Type: Corded
- Shipping Weight: 8 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-699761
- Powerful 12.0 AMP motor delivers more output and variable (2,800 - 11,000) RPM
- Vibration absorbing side handle provides increased comfort on the job
- SJS™II provides a leaf spring and cam gear drive mechanism that is engineered to reduce vibration for increased operator comfort during extended use
- Electronic controller provides constant speed control which automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load
- Electronic controller provides soft start which suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the drive gear and bearings from dust and debris for increased durability
- Electronic controller provides an electronic current limiter which helps protect the motor from overload in high torque applications
- Variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application
- Motor fan is designed with enlarged fins for increased air flow and a cooler running motor
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Complete zig-zag epoxy is applied to both sides of the armature coil and a powder coating to the field for protection from debris and longer tool life
- Fully aluminum constructed gear housing provides superior gear alignment and smooth transmission for increased durability and comfort
- "Tool-less" wheel guard for easy adjustment
- Slide switch with lock-on for continuous use
- (1) 4-1/2" Grinding Wheel (A-95956)
- (1) 4-1/2" Wheel Guard (123144-0)
- (1) Inner Flange (224399-1)
- (1) Lock Nut Wrench (782412-6)
- (1) Lock Nut (224568-4)
- (1) Side Handle (162258-0)
- 11-7/8 in.
- 5.4 lb.