2019 Makita GD0601
Call for Price
1/4" Die Grinder, with AC/DC Switch
Makita's 1/4-Inch Die Grinder (model GD0601) combines power and speed with motor-protection features for improved grinding performance. The GD0601 is engineered with a powerful AC/DC motor with 25,000 RPM in a slim body design, and a conveniently located slide-switch for on/off function. This combination of power and ease-of-use features makes the GD0601 ideal for a range of grinding tasks.
3.5 AMP Motor Delivers 25,000 RPM
The GD0601 is engineered with a Makita-built industrial motor that delivers 25,000 RPM. The motor is housed with front and rear air vents to run cooler under continuous use, extending the life of the grinder. The GD0601 includes an AC/DC switch for use with alternative power sources.
Motor Protection Features for Longer Tool Life
To protect the motor from debris, the grinder is built with a labyrinth construction that seals the motor and bearings by creating a complex set of channels, extending the life of the tool. In addition, the armature is sealed by a protective zig-zag varnish which prevents contamination by creating a barrier under rotation.
Comfort and Ergonomics
Makita has engineered comfort and ergonomics into the grinder for professional use all day long. The slide-switch is positioned on the small circumference barrel grip for improved handling and operation. The grinder has solid aluminum housing with a stepped-neck design, and is protected by a removable rubber boot. The front and rear air vents are engineered to keep the motor cool and blow debris away from the user for improved visibility.
Versatile Design for a Range of Applications
The GD0601 is built for a range of applications including pipe fittings and small-scale grinding. It is ideal for welders, plumbers, ship builders, automotive, HVAC, and more.
- Max. Wheel Diameter: 1-1/2 in.
- AMPS: 3.5
- Collet: 1/4 in.
- No Load Speed: 25,000 RPM
- Lock-On Switch: Yes
- Lock-Off Switch: No
- Overall Length: 14-1/8 in.
- Net Weight: 3.7 lb.
- Variable speed control dial: No
- Power Type: Corded
- Shipping Weight: 6.6 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-078696
- Powerful 3.5 AMP motor delivers 25,000 RPM to handle the most challenging applications
- Lower noise at 73dB(A)
- Directional air-flow vents channel the tool's air output away from the user's face
- Small diameter barrel grip for added comfort
- Zig-zag varnish protects the armature coil from dust and debris for longer motor life
- Round-shaped collet nut is engineered to prevent damages/scratches to workpiece
- AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source
- Slide switch with lock-on for operator convenience
- Rubberized gear housing for increased operator comfort
- Stepped neck for working in tights spaces
- (1) 1/4" Collet (763625-8)
- (2) Spanner Wrench (781039-9)
- 14-1/8 in.
- 3.7 lb.