2019 Makita XAG12PT1
Call for Price
18V X2 LXT® Lithium‑Ion (36V) Brushless Cordless 7" Paddle Switch Cut‑Off/Angle Grinder Kit, with Electric Brake (5.0Ah)
Makita, a pioneer in brushless motor technology and battery innovation, combines both in the 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Lithium-Ion Brushless 7" Paddle Switch/Angle Grinder with Electric Brake. It's powered by two 18V Lithium-Ion batteries for 36V power and performance, and has an electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless motor that matches torque and RPM to the application. Makita 18V X2 means freedom from the cord, even for demanding applications like grinding and cut-off applications that often call for a corded grinder. Best of all, users can remain in one battery platform, using the same fast-charging 18V batteries on the XAG12PT as they use across the Makita 18V LXT® cordless tool system.
The XAG12PT is equipped with efficiency features for maximum performance. The electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 4.5 second or less for maximum productivity, and the Electronic Torque Control turns the motor off if rotation speed suddenly slows or the wheel is forced to a stop. For consistent performance, Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjust speed and torque during operation. For added comfort the vibration absorbing back handle is isolated from the motor housing for reduced vibration, and the soft start feature suppresses start-up reaction for smoother start-ups and longer gear life. It has a no lock-on rear paddle trigger switch, and the anti-restart protection is engineered to prevent motor start-up when the battery is inserted with the switch locked on.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Wheel Diameter: 7 in.
- Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- No Load Speed: 7,800 RPM
- Spindle Thread: 5/8 in. - 11 UNC
- Lock-On Switch: No
- Lock-Off Switch: Yes
- Switch Type: Rear trigger handle
- Electric Brake: Yes
- Variable speed control dial: No
- Automatic-start Wireless System (AWS™): No
- Overall Length: 19-5/8 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 11.4 lb.
- Power Type: Cordless
- Vibration - Surface Grinding (m/s²): 7.5
- Shipping Weight: 29.768 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-849746
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers 7,800 RPM
- Electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 4.5 seconds or less for maximum productivity
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver corded power without leaving the 18V LXT® battery platform
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- Rear handle paddle switch with no lock-on feature
- Vibration absorbing back handle is isolated from the motor housing effectively reducing vibration to the operator's hands
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Weighs only 11.4 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- L.E.D. battery charge indicator alerts user of drained power for each of the two batteries
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor
- Large spindle lock button for easier wheel changes while wearing gloves
- Protective roll cage helps protect batteries from damage due to common everyday handling
- Efficient internal cooling is engineered for optimum performance
- Tool-less wheel guard for quick and easy adjustments
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B provides up to 65% more run time per charge*
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- *compared to BL1830
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- X2 LXT® technology delivers up to 50 cuts in 1" X 1" X 1/8" angle iron per charge with two 5.0Ah batteries
- (1) 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Brushless 7" Cut-Off/Angle Grinder (XAG12Z1)
- (1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
- (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
- (1) 7" Tool-less Wheel Guard (123542-8)
- (1) 7" Cut-Off Wheel Guard (122914-4)
- (1) 7" x 1/4" x 7/8" INOX Grinding Wheel, 36 Grit (A-96045)
- (1) Side Handle (143486-6)
- (1) 7" x 1/16" x 7/8" INOX Thin Cut-Off Wheel, 60 Grit (B-12669)
- (1) 23" Contractor Tool Bag (831284-7)
- (1) Lock Nut Wrench (782412-6)
- 19-5/8 in.
- 11.4 lb.